4/2/08

DownTown BreakAway Ride-Cherry Blossoms




I don't usually write about a mid-week ride, but I felt this one deserved it. I have been doing the Tues Downtown Breakaway ride since I think 2001 or so. Back then Nick ran it, I met Steve Schwartz, Wolfgang and others on those rides. Well I showed up on Tuesday, to do a ride instead of hill repeats that my team was doing. I was glad I picked the ride option:-) All the usual suspects were there, Rudi, Jonathan, Wolfgang, Jason, etc... The ride had some heavy hitters, I did something stupid and punched it up Chainbridge rd. well, I did it too early and saw that I need to work on my conditioning. After that I was like, I am not going to try to show-boat again, and just rode a steady pace. We took a detour to Kenwood, and that was the highlight, the streets were lined with cherry blossoms. I took some impromptu picks with the cell phone camera(It actually does a good job). I will be hitting these rides through the season, especially if the group continues like it was yesterday. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Biggie-

Are you using some type of prototype Canon Digital Rebel XTI cellphone or something? Nice pics!

-BB

Anonymous said...

hi biggsy, du bist sehr teuer. :)

that means "you are precious."

this is my favorite thing i've ever seen on your boring-ass blog.

love from da PDX
(guess who?)