6/21/07

Wednesdays at Wakefield #1




I had Bruce Buckley take pics with my new camera, since he was still getting over this virus he had. This was my first expert race, so I was going to test out the waters and race with the big boys! So I warmed up with Kent, I knew he was going to ride strong, but it was good to ride with him. There were a bunch of DCMTBer's out there tonight, I think like 11 with 7 in the expert class. I didn't kill myself for the start since I knew I wasn't going to win this race, I didn't get caught up with some of the early wrecking that

people had. I was riding behind Roger at one point, and I was like if I can stay here this will be a good race. Well that didn't happen. I started slowing down a little, and Bruce would joke as I passed him saying things like you're only 5 minutes down you are almost there! Hence the smiles in the photos. I actually caught two people, but that was washed away when I wrecked. I was then playing catch up again. The downer of the night was Marc Gawdz passing me. I thought he was behind me, and I was hoping to finish in front of him. The good thing that happened in the race was I gave myself a realistic goal of having a finishing time of 1:12 for 4 laps. I got the time on my bike computer, but the official time is 1:13 something(my wreck took some time out and stopped my bike computer since the wheels were not moving). Next time I will shoot for 1:11 and might be able to do it, cause my shifting was messed up. I think I need a new cassette, and chainrings. Not sure of my placing but I know I wasn't DFL! It was fun seeing everyone after the finish and talking to people. May be there next week, have to see.

















2 comments:

gwadzilla said...

good job out there...

gwadzilla said...

hey!

funny that your buddy Bruce got a better shot of me than he did of you

send me the high res version if you could

appreciate it